18 years +
Backpack, Canyoneer, Community Service, Rock Climb, Sea Kayak, Whitewater Raft
Salt Lake City, UT
The WA Fall Gap Semester Rockies provides our students with a beautiful outdoor classroom set for many adventures along the way. Backpack through the rugged landscapes of Yellowstone National Park, Eagle Cap Wilderness and Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument. Paddle on Yellowstone Lake, and sleep on the shores in remote backcountry sites at night. Embark on a 7 day whitewater rafting expedition down the Lower Salmon River. Follow a 4 day rock climbing progression in Missoula, MT. Build your confidence through a Wilderness First Responder / First Aid certification. Give back to the community that WA calls home, Jackson, WY, through a community service project with a local non-profit.
Designed for students 18+, this Gap Semester program provides students with the opportunity to sharpen their backcountry hard skills and leadership abilities within a supportive and inclusive community. Whether it’s your first time camping or you’re an avid outdoors person, you will walk away with transferable skills fit for college, careers, and more.
- Backcountry Sea Kayak on Yellowstone Lake – 7 days
- Backpack in Yellowstone National Park – 5 days
- Community Service with City Kids Wilderness Project in Jackson Hole – 5 days
- Rock Climb in Missoula – 4 days
- Whitewater Raft in Missoula – 1 day
- Wilderness First Responder certification / CPR & First Aid course – 7 days
- Whitewater Rafting Expedition down the Lower Salmon River – 7 days
- Backpack in the Eagle Cap Wilderness – 5 days
- Explore Craters of the Moon National Monument – 2 days
- Backpacking and Capstone Presentation in Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument – 5 days
The Fall Gap Semester program in the Rockies includes adventure based activities in some of the most iconic National Parks and National Forests in the Rocky Mountain region. Students work on building their leadership skills along with gaining a Wilderness First Responder certification. From sea kayaking to rock climbing, join us on the Fall Gap Semester: Rockies for the adventure of a lifetime!
Thank you so much for running this Gap Semester. It has truly impacted me in ways I could never have imagined and I’m so grateful to have had this opportunity!
Fior, WALI Student
Trip Price Includes
- Group gear
- WFR certification
- Personal gear and clothing
- Airfare to and from the trip start and end