Counselor: Counselors are the “big brothers and sisters” of their campers. Each group of campers has two or more counselors. Much of the summer’s success lies with the relationship between counselors and campers. For most campers, great counselors will lead to great summers. Counselors assist program specialists during elective activities and provide motivation and emotional support to campers throughout the day.
Program Specialist: Program specialists direct specific activities throughout the day. These individuals are experts in field games, archery and target sports, arts and crafts, mountain life, performance, and nature discovery. Specialists lead elective activities with the assistance of counselor(s).
- Minimum of 15 years old for counselors by June 2022
- Demonstrate a track record of superb judgment
- Program specialists: passion and experience/expertise in a specialty area
- A minimum certification in CPR and First Aid by June 2022
Salary & Benefits
- Most staff will receive an hourly wage and average 37.5-40 hours/week
- Wilderness Adventures offers many pro deals and industry discounts
- Base Camp Adventure Point – accumulate points for weeks work to put toward a future adventure travel program with Wilderness Adventures!