Work at Base Camp
Applications are not yet open!
We are currently focusing on tying a bow on our 2022 Summer Season. As we do this, we will put a halt on interviewing for our 2023 summer. You are welcome to view our positions below, just know we will open applications on October 1st, 2022. We look forward to speaking with you then!
Program Specialist: Program specialists direct specific activities throughout the day. These individuals are experts in field games, archery and target sports, arts and crafts, mountain life, performance, and nature discovery. Specialists plan and lead activities with the assistance of counselor(s).
- Minimum of 15 years old for counselors by June 2023
- Demonstrate a track record of superb judgment
- Program specialists: passion and experience/expertise in a specialty area
- A minimum certification in CPR and First Aid by June 2023
Salary & Benefits
- Most staff will receive an hourly wage and average 37.5-40 hours/week
- Wilderness Adventures offers many pro deals and industry discounts
- Base Camp Adventure Points – accumulate points for weeks worked to put toward a future adventure travel program with Wilderness Adventures!
Nope! While we usually ask for a minimum of 4 weeks work, we understand that summer is a busy time. However, we may give preference to applicants who indicate they can work more weeks on their applications.
All Base Camp counselors must possess at minimum, a CPR and First Aid certification. Wilderness Adventures and Base Camp will try to provide a course for all who are not currently certified before the summer begins.
- Complete the online application
- Upload a copy of your current driver’s license (if you have one)
- Upload copies of all current certifications (CPR, First Aid, Lifeguarding, PADI, WFA, WAFA, WFR, and/or WEMT)
- Optional: Upload a profile photo along with your online application, or email a digital headshot of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org