Work at MOLA
Missoula Outdoor Learning Adventures (MOLA) is looking for outdoor leaders for our 2023 Summer Season. MOLA Instructors will work outside all day, every day right in our backyard of Western Montana. Our program runs for 11 weeks throughout the summer Monday through Friday with occasional programming on the weekends. We are looking for highly motivated, passionate people who are able to work independently and display great risk management in group settings.
MOLA Instructors will take kids ages 6-14 to hike, bike, raft, climb, canoe, kayak, and swim each day in a day camp style program. Instructors will work with a small group of campers and at least one co-instructor each week, leading their assigned group through each activity offered. Experience instructing each of our offered activities is encouraged, but not required! Instructors are responsible for their own accommodations in Missoula, MT for the summer season.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License and an excellent driving record with no major infractions or unsafe conduct. Employees will be required to drive a 15-passenger van
- A minimum of 2 professional references
- Experience working with youth
- A passion for working in the outdoors through all weather variables
- A minimum of Wilderness First Aid (WFA) and CPR Training. Aerie Backcountry Medicine based in Missoula is a great organization to look into for a WFA certification!
- A guide permit from Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks. We will advise you on this upon hiring!
- Housing is not provided while working for MOLA
Salary & Benefits
- Weekly pay rate depends on position and previous experience
- Access to MOLA gear
- Access to a wide range of pro deals and industry discounts