WALI Gap Semester
Criteria for Acceptance
Wilderness Adventures is based on the community experience of the trip group. Consequently, we will work diligently to assemble an exceptional group of young adults for this expedition. To be considered for the program, an applicant must have the following:
- The want and desire to be on the trip
- A track record of being a great teammate
- An interest in connecting with others and learning more about oneself
- A commitment to being a positive and productive member of the community
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is required for the Fall 2022 Gap Semester Programs. Starting in 2023, the COVID-19 vaccination will be highly recommended but not required for Gap Semester Programs. PCR testing may be required for all students prior to a program regardless of vaccination status.
How to Apply
Send the following to: email@example.com
- Email Subject Line: “Full Name: Program Name”
- Two letters of recommendation. These will be waived for WA alumni.
- Statement of Interest: Why are you interested in joining this group? What do you bring to the group? What do you hope to gain out of the experience?
- Admissions Interview: Schedule a 45 minute video interview here with our Gap Program Coordinator
Gap Semester Info Sessions
|Spring Gap Info Session||Thursday, Sept 29th||6 pm MST||RSVP|
|Spring Gap Info Session||Thursday, Oct 27th||6 pm MST||RSVP|
|Spring Gap Info Session||Tuesday, Nov 29th||6 pm MST||RSVP|
If you’d like to connect directly with our Gap Program Coordinator, Will Previte would love to hear from you! Please click here to schedule a virtual one-on-one meeting to discuss Gap Semesters at WA!
Fall Gap Semester: Pacific Northwest
I got a lot of experience working, talking, and living with people who have very different perspectives and experiences, helping with my overall leadership abilities.
Spring Gap Semester: Southwest
My gap semester with Wilderness Adventures was nothing short of transformative, and I can't recommend the program enough to any student considering taking a gap year before or during their time in college.
Summer Gap Semester: Rockies
I feel much more capable of exploring the outdoors independently in the future. This trip has prepared me mentally, emotionally, and physically to responsibly recreate in the wilderness.