Backpack, Hike, Rock Climb, Sea Kayak, Surf, Whitewater Raft
The beautiful Appalachian region of the Carolinas is surrounded by over one million acres of green, rolling mountains, rushing rivers, craggy rock faces, and cascading waterfalls. In the North Carolina mountains, the students will learn to rock climb at Looking Glass Rock, backpack through Pisgah National Forest on a 4-day adventure, and take on the Chattooga River in a paddle raft! Next, they will depart for the sandy shores of coastal South Carolina to explore the low country by sea kayak, stand up paddleboard, and surfboard. This trip provides the perfect split between time in the mountains and on the coast, giving students the chance to try their hand at a variety of activities!
- Backpack Pisgah National Forest – 4 days (overnight)
- Sea Kayak Francis Marion National Park – 1 day
- Surf at Folly Beach – 1 day
- Rock Climb Looking Glass Rock – 1 day
- Whitewater Raft Chattooga River – 2 days (overnight)
- Visit Sliding Rock – 1 day
- Day Hike Pisgah National Forest – 1 day
On my Blue Ridge trip, I learned to appreciate and respect the wilderness and the wildlife that inhabits it. Being able to experience the wild outdoors was my favorite part of the summer.
Owen, 2019 Carolina Blue Student
Trip Price Includes
- Group gear
- Personal gear and clothing
- Airfare to and from the trip start and end