Wilderness Adventures seeks leaders who will be a positive influence on the participants, an inspirational role model, devoted to supporting student growth and education throughout the trip and creating a fun and non-competitive environment in which the students can thrive. We look for people who excel in decision-making, adaptability, risk management, and have the ability to work effectively in a shared leadership position.
Read more into the specifics about what it means to be a Trip Leader here!
So, what do we look for in a candidate for this role?
- A passion for working with youth
- A passion for living outside for an extended period of time
- A positive, can-do attitude
- The ability and willingness to work through difficult situations. Including but not limited to: logistical complications, budget management, unexpected obstacles, interpersonal conflict with students, interpersonal conflict with co-leaders, etc.
- Previous experience working with youth and in leadership positions
- Experience giving, receiving, and facilitating feedback
- Minimum 21 years old
- A valid U.S. Driver’s License
- A clean driving record
- A Wilderness First Responder (WFR) medical certification or higher certification that is valid through our 2024 Season (June-August) – you do not need to currently have this certification to apply. We do offer a discounted WFR Course option for our staff! You will learn more about this through your interview process.
- A recent physical examination ensuring physical and mental health
Dates of Employment
Option to Extend: August 4 – October 31, 2023
Optional WFR Course: May 28 – June 1, 2023
How to Apply
- Complete an application through CampInTouch here.
- Submit a minimum of 3 professional references.
- Complete 2 rounds of interviews with our Leadership Team.
- Pass a series of three background checks.
Email email@example.com if you have any questions about the application process!