Wilderness Adventures is looking for trip leaders who are enthusiastic about working with student ages 11-20 in group settings. Leaders will guide groups of 10-15 students, with one or two co-leaders through exciting yet challenging adventure activities, as well as teach the curriculum designed for each of our trip types: Discovery Adventures, Explorer Adventures, and High Trails Adventures. The trips are both mentally and physically challenging for leaders and participants, with adventures ranging from one to six weeks in duration.
Wilderness Adventures seeks leaders who will be a positive influence on the participants, an inspirational role model, devoted to supporting student growth and education throughout the trip and creating a fun and non-competitive environment in which the students can thrive. Our leaders and students participate in a wide variety of activities such as: mountain climbing, backpacking in over 30 National Parks and wilderness areas, rock climbing, sea kayaking, whitewater rafting and kayaking, ice climbing, canyoneering, sailing, snorkeling, SCUBA diving, trekking through Europe’s hut system, international and domestic service projects, and language programs. Experience in these activities is helpful, but not required.
- Minimum of 21 years old by June 2022.
- Applicants must have and maintain an excellent driving record with no major infractions of unsafe conduct. You will be required to drive a 15-passenger van towing an 8-foot utility trailer if leading one of our domestic trips.
- A minimum certification in Wilderness First Responder by June 2022. (You can apply and then complete the certification before June or through our sponsored course).
- College graduate or in the process of completing a degree.
- Quality experience teaching/leading in a variety of settings, ideally with students in grades 5-12.