Seasonal Logistics Coordinator
Wilderness Adventures is looking for a strong leader to join our summer Leadership Team in the office to support our students, trip leaders, and families.
The Seasonal Logistics Coordinator position assists in the coordination and execution of Wilderness Adventures programming: including our wilderness trips, our Base Camp program in Jackson and our MOLA day camp program in Missoula, MT.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support our Regional Coordinators in their efforts to run smooth expeditions around the world. This position will support in the coordination of lodging, transportation, gear, excursions, and activities that take place through the summer season.
- Support our seasonal trip leading team by being responsive to their needs in the field.
- Support our families by being responsive to their inquiries before, during and after the summer season.
- Assist the Lead Operations Manager in managing the vehicles, trailers and uhauls for the entire organization. This position will oversee all vehicles and uhauls.
- Assist our director of finance in the oversite of trip budgets for all WA trips.
- Support sales and marketing team through the management of our trip updates to families.
- Assist with a variety of preseason activities like the updating of trip ipads for all trips and the collection of student paperwork.
- Assist with gear management for all WA programs.
- Participate in the ‘on call team’ during the summer months. This would be 1 night/week during the summer season.
- Participate in the on-going training the summer staff team including staff week (at the beginning of the summer), continual coaching throughout the summer, and engagement after the summer.
- Regularly work within the WA normal hours of operation of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., as well as some Saturdays in the spring. In the summer months, a summer schedule is established which will be outside the scope of these set days. Summer schedule will include Saturday/Sunday hours.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Superb organizational skills. A significant part of this job will be the organization of the logistical aspects of our operation. Attention to detail is a critical skill needed on our team.
- A great teammate. We are a small office that all works together on all projects. We are looking for someone who can come on board and support our team. Excellent communication and critical thinking skills are required.
- Sales oriented. A great applicant for this position need not have a ton of experience in sales but must recognize that to succeed we strive to fill our programs. Consequently, they must go the extra mile to promote, market, and advance the program.
- Wilderness Adventures is continually growing and evolving to meet best practices, provide excellent experiences for our students and staff, and engage with families and our community in positive way. Flexibility to participate in a variety of activities to meet these goals is necessary.
- Coachable. None of us in the office are set in our ways, and the person in this position will be expected to grow and learn and evolve with us as an organization.
- A love for the working with youth in the outdoors. Wilderness Adventures is a nationally known program committed to offering our students an unmatched wilderness adventure in the some of the world’s most amazing places.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically spreadsheets and reporting tools, database management, typing and data-entry skills.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Driver’s License required.
Work Environment / Physical Requirements
- Regularly required to talk and hear; frequently required to sit; and frequently required to stand and walk.
- Any physical demands related to travel.
- This job occasionally requires lifting or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com to apply.