Wilderness Adventures is looking for a Regional Coordinator to join our team, helping to plan and manage all the logistical aspects of our programs.
The Regional Coordinator position specializes in the coordination and execution of Wilderness Adventures trips in their geographical area. In addition to the logistical focus of this job, the position also works with families to support their needs in the months prior to the trip. When needed they may assist the sales team with marketing and may assist the staffing director with interviewing potential candidates for employment.
- Plan logistics for trips. This position will coordinate the lodging, transportation, gear, excursions, and activities for programs.
- Continue to review, develop, and refine WA trips within region and associated policies and educational information.
- Serve as liaison to all contracted partners within region. This includes the vetting and evaluation of these organizations and serving as the point of contact with these organizations.
- Create logistical reference binders for all trips within region.
- Create, collect, and manage all participant paperwork, including waivers, in this region.
- Work on the maintenance and management of gear for Wilderness Adventures.
- Participate in the ‘on call team’ during the summer months. Summer months require work hours outside of a typical work week, as our office is staffed 24/7.
- Participate in the on-going training of the summer staff team including staff week (at the beginning of the summer), continual coaching throughout the summer, and engagement after the summer.
- Assist Staffing Director with staff hiring process by interviewing candidates.
- Assist sales team with sales calls throughout the year.
- Assist with answering phone calls.
- Work with sales team to properly advertise and publicize trips in region.
- Manage and coordinate the logistics of student travel.
- May require travel to specific region for research and development or recruiting of students or staff members.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent demonstrated experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically spreadsheets and reporting tools, database management, Dropbox, Google Drive, and data entry.
- Fluent written and spoken English required, fluency in French and/or Spanish a plus.
- Driver’s License required.
- Location: This position may join our Jackson Hole, WY office, our Salt Lake City, UT office, our new Missoula, MT office, or work from a remote location.
Work Environment / Physical Requirements
- Regularly required to talk and hear; frequently required to sit; and frequently required to stand and walk.
- Any physical demands related to travel.
- This job occasionally requires lifting or moving up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
- Regularly work within the WA normal hours of operation of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., as well as some Saturdays in the winter and spring. In the summer months, a summer schedule is established which will be outside the scope of these set days to include weekend and extended hours (both AM and PM), as we are staffed 24/7 in the summer months.