Backpack, Hike, Mountaineer, Surf, Whitewater Raft
Travel through some of the most jaw-dropping landscapes on Earth during this 35-day adventure in the Pacific Northwest! The students will live and travel in the great states of Washington, Oregon, and Idaho, and will experience the wilderness through a variety of incredible activities. They will backpack along the coast of Washington’s Olympic National Park, and learn to surf on the Oregon Coast. They will hit the trail once again in the remote Eagle Cap Wilderness of Oregon, then shift northeast to raft for 4 days on Idaho’s famous Salmon River. Eventually, the students will return to Washington to trek through the stunning North Cascades, where they will climb mountain passes, perfect their backcountry camping skills, and sleep under the stars with vast alpine views. They will culminate their trip by working with Rainier Mountain Guides to attempt a summit of Mt. Baker’s glaciated peak. This five-week adventure will take students to a land of lush rainforests and towering volcanoes, where the group will hone their outdoor backcountry skills while making incredible connections along the way!
- Climb Mt. Baker – 4 days (overnight)
- Backpack the Coast of Olympic National Park – 4 days (overnight)
- Backpack in North Cascades National Park – 5 days (overnight)
- Backpack in Eagle Cap Wilderness – 4 days (overnight)
- Whitewater Raft down the Salmon River – 4 days (overnight)
- Surf the Oregon Coast – 2 days
- Day Hike in the Hoh Rainforest – 1 day
Trip Price Includes
- Group gear
- Personal gear and clothing
- Airfare to and from the trip start and end
I had so much fun and I have a very accomplished feeling. I came out of this trip with great friends and great memories.
-May, 2019 The Great Northwest Student