The 5 Places You Should Visit This Spring
Spring is right around the corner, making it a good time to plan your Spring Break trip! While a beach may be calling your name, there are several other places that can offer a once-in-a-lifetime experience! Here are 5 places you should visit this spring:
1. Yosemite National Park (California)- With spring, comes the melting snow. In turn, the melting snowpack in Yosemite creates some of the most beautiful waterfalls you have ever seen. This also creates full creeks and lakes, especially Mirror Lake. In late spring, the redwood and dogwood blossoms are in full bloom. Hiking may be limited due to snowfall, but there is usually a variety of trails open in Yosemite Valley, Wawona, and Hetch Hetchy.
2. Great Smoky Mountains National Park (Tennessee)- In the spring, the haze that typically surrounds the mountains is reduced, making views even more spectacular than they normally are. With the milder temps in the Smokies during spring, the wildflowers are in full bloom. Hiking is also readily available during this time of year, although these trails can be very busy.
3. Zion National Park (Utah)- Spring is one of the most ideal times to visit Zion National Park. The snowmelts create beautiful waterfalls, and with the cooler temps and smaller crowds, hiking and canyoneering is very enjoyable.
4. Arches National Park (Utah)- Since spring is one of the least busy times of the year to visit Arches National Park, it is the ideal time to have the natural stone arches to yourself. In the spring, the night sky is incredibly clear; making stargazing is an amazing experience.
5. Glacier National Park (Montana)- Since this is the time of year with the least amount of visitors, your chances of seeing more wildlife greatly increases, especially when it comes to bear, elk, and moose. The end of spring is also a good time for cyclists to enjoy the Going-to-the-Sun Road before it is opened up to cars.
Wilderness Adventures has specialized in teen adventure camps for more than 40 years. If you are interested in looking to find the right adventure for you, visit us today!