Exceptional decision-making, flexibility, adaptability, ability to analyze and manage risk, and the ability to work effectively in a shared leadership position are absolutely necessary. Prior experience in roles involving youth and leadership is highly desirable.
So, what do we look for in a candidate for this role?
- A passion for working with youth
- A passion for living outside for an extended period of time
- A positive, can-do attitude
- The ability and willingness to work through difficult situations. Including but not limited to: logistical complications, budget management, unexpected obstacles, interpersonal conflict with students, interpersonal conflict with co-leaders, etc.
- Previous experience working with youth and in leadership positions
- Experience giving, receiving, and facilitating feedback
- Minimum 21 years old by July 1, 2024
- A valid U.S. Driver’s License
- A clean driving record
- A Wilderness First Responder (WFR) medical certification or higher certification that is valid through our 2024 Season (June-August) – you do not need to currently have this certification to apply. We do offer a discounted WFR Course option for our staff! You will learn more about this through your interview process.
- A recent physical examination ensuring physical and mental health
Dates of Employment
Option to Extend: August 4 – October 31, 2023
Optional WFR Course: May 28 – June 1, 2023
How to Apply
- Complete an application through CampInTouch here.
- Submit a minimum of 3 professional references.
- Complete 2 rounds of interviews with our Leadership Team.
- Pass a series of three background checks.
Email email@example.com if you have any questions about the application process!