The Program Expert position specializes in selling of Wilderness Adventures programming, products and services by interacting with established customers and developing new prospects. Program Experts will also have an area of focus. These will be divided among the Sales team. These areas of focus are Base Camp, Custom Courses and Schools, Professional Services, and the WA store.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop relationships with prospects, guiding their search for the perfect WA program for their student
- Convert leads into enrolled students
- Maintain positive relationships to ensure future sales
- Reach out to leads through cold calling
- Reach out to alumni/referred students through phone calls
- Detailed follow-up with each client through the sales funnel via phone calls
- Write promotional copy
- Organization and maintenance of databases (client, photo, etc.)
- Social media planning, posting, and engagement
- Complete understanding of all WA programs; desire to learn/memorize/sell the details and unique aspects of each WA trip
- Maintaining detailed client records
- Answering client questions regarding specific programs and WA policies generally
- Will require travel to camp fairs and in-person presentations for leads, potential leads, alumni, and other groups
- Assist other team members and the Director of Marketing and Sales as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Results driven team member
- Effective communicator who is an expert at listening to a customer and finding a solution to fit their specific needs
- Public speaker who is comfortable communicating in front of a crowd
- Superb interpersonal skills with clients and co-workers
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, Google Drive, and Dropbox
- Detail-oriented, data-driven
- Enthusiastic and passionate about the WA products
- Excellent writing skills
- Organized, efficient
- Committed to excellent customer service
- Ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment
- Persistent problem-solver
- Bachelor’s degree required, or equivalent demonstrated experience
- Fluent written and spoken English required
- Driver’s License required
- Sales experience a plus
Work Environment / Physical Requirements
- Regularly required to talk and hear; frequently required to sit; and frequently required to stand and walk.
- Physical demands related to travel.
- Requires occasionally lifting or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
If you are interested in becoming the WA Program Expert, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include “Program Expert Application” in the subject line of the email.