Counselor: Counselors are the “big brothers and sisters” of their campers. Each group of campers has two or more counselors. Much of the summer’s success lies with the relationship between counselors and campers. For most campers, great counselors will lead to great summers. Counselors assist program specialists during elective activities and provide motivation and emotional support to campers throughout the day.
Program Specialist: Program specialists direct specific activities throughout the day. These individuals are experts in field games, archery and target sports, arts and crafts, mountain life, performance, and nature discovery. Specialists lead elective activities with the assistance of counselor(s).
- Minimum of 15 years old for counselors by June 2019
- Demonstrate a track record of superb judgment
- Program specialists: passion and experience/expertise in specialty area
- A minimum certification in CPR and First Aid by June 2019
- Available to work the entire duration of the Base Camp season: June 17, 2019 – August 23, 2019.