The Regional Coordinator position specializes in the coordination and execution of Wilderness Adventures trips in his/her geographical area. In addition to the logistical focus of this job, the position also works with families to support their needs in the months prior to the trip. When needed they may assist the sales team with marketing and may assist the staffing director with interviewing potential candidates for employment.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Plan logistics for trips. This position will coordinate the lodging, transportation, gear, excursions, and activities for programs.
- Continue to review, develop, and refine WA trips within region and associated policies and educational information.
- Serve as liaison to all contracted partners within region. This includes the vetting and evaluation of these organizations and serving as the point of contact with these organizations.
- Create logistical binders for all trips within region.
- Create, collect, and manage all participant paperwork, including waivers, in this region.
- Work with the Director of Operations on the maintenance and management of gear for Wilderness Adventures.
- Participate in the ‘on call team’ during the summer months.
- Participate in the on-going training of the summer staff team including staff week (at the beginning of the summer), continual coaching throughout the summer, and engagement after the summer.
- Assist Staffing Director with staff hiring process by interviewing candidates.
- Assist sales team with sales calls throughout the year.
- Assist Office Manager with answering phone calls when necessary.
- Work with sales team to properly advertise and publicize trips in region.
- Assist in the management, coordination and logistics of student travel.
- May require travel to specific region for research and development.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Superb organizational skills. A significant part of this job will be the organization of the logistical aspects of our operation. Attention to detail is a critical skill needed on our team.
- A great teammate. We are a small office that all works together on all projects. We are looking for someone who can come on board and support our team. Excellent communication and critical thinking skills are required.
- An excellent communicator.
- Wilderness Adventures is continually growing and evolving to meet best practices, provide excellent experiences for our students and staff, and engage with families and our community in positive way. Flexibility to participate in a variety of activities to meet these goals is necessary.
- Coachable. None of us in the office are set in our ways, and the person in this position will be expected to grow and learn and evolve with us as an organization.
- Bachelor’s degree required, or equivalent demonstrated experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically spreadsheets and reporting tools, database management, and typing and data-entry skills.
- Fluent written and spoken English required, fluency in French and/or Spanish a plus.
- Driver’s License required.
- Regularly work within the WA normal hours of operation of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., as well as some Saturdays in the winter and spring. In the summer months, a summer schedule is established which will be outside the scope of these set days.
Work Environment / Physical Requirements
- Regularly required to talk and hear; frequently required to sit; and frequently required to stand and walk.
- Any physical demands related to travel.
- This job occasionally requires lifting or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
If you are interested in becoming the WA Trips Coordinator, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please be sure to include “Trips Coordinator Application” in the subject line of the email.