Wilderness Adventures is looking for a Finance Director to manage all financial aspects of the business.
The Finance Director overseas, manages and executes all the financial aspects of the Wilderness Adventures business. This includes budgeting, payroll, reconciling accounts, and management of accounts payable and receivable. The finance director will sit on the executive leadership team and will provide strategic financial insights to improve the financial health of the business. They will provide financial information to management by compiling and analyzing account information; preparing balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other special reports; reconciling discrepancies; administering payroll, preparing and recommending policies and procedures; guiding budget managers. They will work to maintain financial stability by creating profitability models; preparing finance and accounting policies and procedures; establishing financial objectives; preparing and updating forecasts; preparing budgets; developing operating and financial metrics; managing staff. As a small business, many of these duties are both managed and executed by the Finance Director.
- Administers payroll for all Wilderness Adventures operations.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation.
- Oversee the yearly budget process; guide and train the budget managers across various business lines.
- Develops organization financial plans by analyzing results and trends, establishing financial objectives, preparing annual budgets.
- Maintains organizational financial performance by developing operating and financial metrics; analyzing results and trends; providing budget variance feedback; reviewing contracts including pricing and terms; driving financial accountability throughout business operations.
- Improves organization financial performance by developing operating and financial metrics; analyzing results and trends; providing budget variance feedback; reviewing contracts including pricing and terms; driving financial accountability throughout operating units.
- Prepares asset and liability account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering and securing account information.
- Prepares management reports to present to leadership team to inform strategic decision making. Summarizes current financial status by collecting information, preparing balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other special reports.
- Determines cost of operations by collecting and analyzing cost data, identifying, and analyzing variances.
- Makes financial recommendations, including cost-saving actions, through analysis of costs as well as analysis of business finances.
- Recommends cost-saving actions by analyzing costs of various business lines.
- Protects organization value by keeping information confidential, and cautions others about potential information breaches.
- HR duties include oversight of 401k plan, tracking of Wyoming Department of Workforce Services grants, and other onboarding documentation for full time staff members.
- Work in conjunction with the Executive Leadership team (Directors) to further create a dynamic workspace, grow the organization, and refine and perfect the WA experience across all channels.
- Occasional travel required for planning, recruiting, or logistics reasons.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years financial management experience, preferably including budgeting experience.
- Proficient in Quickbooks, Microsoft Office, specifically spreadsheets and reporting tools, database management, Dropbox, Google Drive, and data entry.
- Fluent written and spoken English. Spanish speaking skills a bonus.
- Driver’s License required.
Work Environment / Physical Requirements
- Regularly required to talk and hear; frequently required to sit; and frequently required to stand and walk.
- Any physical demands related to travel.
- This job occasionally requires lifting or moving up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
- Regularly work within the WA normal hours of operation of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.. In the summer months, the office is staffed 7 days / week and weekend work may be required.