Wilderness Adventures is seeking an Office Manager to be responsible for the coordination and administration of general business activities in our office. Activities may include copying, filing, recycling, sorting mail, shredding, answering the telephone, maintaining office supplies, and general office functionality. The Office Manager will support the trip coordinators in their collection of paperwork prior to the summer season. The Office Manager will answer all phone calls and direct each call to the correct WA team members.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Updating and maintaining various databases
- Maintenance, mailing, supplies, equipment, errands, and bills
- Coordinate needs in the office with equipment and vendors
- Work on general technological issues including computers and telephones
- Responsible for answering all phone calls and directing calls to the appropriate WA team member
- Plan and coordinate out of office events and excursions
- Assist with the American Camp Association accreditation process
- Maintain the professional affiliations of WA
- Support additional teams as needed, including sales, staffing, and regional coordinators
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems, and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Superb organizational skills. A significant part of this job will be the organization of the logistical aspects of our operation. Attention to detail is a critical skill needed on our team.
- A great teammate. We are a small office that all work together on projects. We are looking for someone who can come on board and support our team. Excellent communication and critical thinking skills are required.
- A good role model. Sets good examples for others. Participates in continuous improvement efforts. Considers the impact on the customer when making decisions.
- An excellent communicator.
- Coachable. Expected to grow, learn, and evolve with us as an organization.
- Bachelor’s degree required, or equivalent demonstrated experience.
- Expert in Microsoft Office, specifically spreadsheets, and reporting tools, database management, and typing and data-entry skills.
- Fluent written and spoken English required.
- Driver’s License required.
Work Environment / Physical Requirements
- Regularly required to talk and hear; frequently required to sit; and frequently required to stand and walk
- Physical demands related to travel
- Requires occasionally lifting or moving up to 10 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, and color vision
If you are interested in becoming the WA Office Manager, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include “Office Manager Application” in the subject line of the email.