Wilderness Adventures is seeking a Base Camp Director to manage the Base Camp summer day camp program. PDF of the job description and duties available here: Base Camp Director
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate with parents and campers. Be a liaison to parents before, during, and after the camp season.
- Manage personnel. Hire, train and direct the Base Camp seasonal team.
- Continue to develop the programming for Base Camp.
- Manage the logistics of Base Camp.
- Create necessary documents, procedures, and policies to support the Base Camp program.
- Manage any potential risks that could impact the health and well-being of our campers and staff.
- Energize the spirit of the program; forming strong relationships with the Jackson Hole community, Snow King, our staff, the campers and their families.
- Manage a budget to meet financial goals.
- Support other duties that may arise in the coordination, management, and execution of the overall Wilderness Adventures operation.
- Superb organizational skills. A large part of this job will be the organization to manage and create systems for our campers.
- An energetic and inspired educator. It is not required that the person taking this position be a certified teacher, but they must love to work with children and inspire them to be the best version of themselves.
- A ‘can-do’ spirit. There is a ‘start-up’ energy within our office right now and we need superb people who are hungry for finding the right answers, and a willingness to put in the energy to get the job done. Problem solving is critical to success on our team.
- Creative. This summer we need a team that will create the magic for the kids and support behind the scenes for parents.
- A great teammate. We are a small office that works together on projects. We are looking for someone who can come on board and support our team.
- A fantastic leader. Supporting both our campers and our staff members, this person must be a fantastic leader.
- Coachable. None of us in the office are set in our ways, and the person in this position will be expected to grow, learn, and evolve with us as an organization.
- Fun. This is camp! He/she must be able to laugh at themselves and have a great time!
- A desire to be a part of the Jackson Hole community.
How to Apply
If you are interested in becoming the Base Camp Director, please email us at email@example.com.